Supported Playgroup aims to provide a friendly, safe place where parents can enjoy activities (such as craft and singing) with their children while socialising with other parents.
The purpose of our Playgroup is to link families into the wider community and provide age appropirate educational activities for the children as well as useful information and resources to families. The role of playgroup staff is to program and prepare for playgroup sessions, provide information to parents and role model positive interactions.
By attending this playgroup it is expected that all adults will:
- Be responsible for supervising their children and directing their behaviour
- Participate in learning activities with children
- Be a role model, eg: bring healthy food and water, use appropriate language, wear a hat, put rubbish in the bin
- Welcome new families to playgroup, be respectful when talking to or about others, listen when guest speakers are sharing information
- Provide input and feedback, share ideas about children’s activities / projects for parents / ways to improve playgroup
- Understand that Supported Playgroup is funded for families who would benefit from a bit of extra support / increased parenting network. Once a family feels they have gained all they can from our Playgroups they are then encouraged to move on to a mainstream playgroup.