Gunnedah Family & Children’s Service Inc exists to assist families and children in Gunnedah and District to achieve greater independence, self-reliance and dignified well-being.
We aim to enhance the quality of their lives in a safe environment.
A non-profit community organisation
Currently the Auspice Body for:
Gunnedah Family Day Care
Mary Ranken Child Care Centre
Gunnedah Early Childhood Intervention
Gunnedah Supported Playgroup
- Established as Gunnedah Children’s Services Council in 1981 & Incorporated 1985
- Established Family Day Care 1985
- Sponsored Gunnedah Family Support 1989-2003
- Operated Safety Restraint Rental Scheme till 1998
- Established Wolseley Park Playground in conjunction with Gunnedah Shire Council 1991-1995
- Amalgamated with Mary Ranken Centre 1997 as Gunnedah Family and Children’s Services Inc
- Established Sugar Gums Family and Children’s Centre in 1998