Looking for family day care?
Placing children in care:
If you wish to enrol your child in Family Day Care, or you would just like some
more information and a chance to talk to someone involved in Family Day Care, you should contact the Coordination Unit via email or phone 02 6740 2281.
Our Staff will talk to you about the type of person you are seeking to care for your child, and the hours you require. You will then be given a number of names of Early childhood Eductors.
Points to consider before you select an Educator:
The following are some starting points for your discussions with your prospective Early Childhood Educator. Don’t be afraid to ask other questions that are relevant to your situation or your child’s needs. These are only a guide.
- Child’s Behaviour & personality
- Toilet training/ nappy washing
- Medical History
- Feeding, eating and sleeping habits
- The hours you require Care
- Provision of food
- Special Diets
- Discipline (Physical punishment is not allowed in Family Day Care)
- Fees that the Early Childhood Educator charges
- Transport requirements
- Method and time of payment for Childcare
- Child’s Language (toilet, Grandma, drink etc.)
- Religion (eg do you want the Educator to say Grace before eating)
- Likes and dislikes (food, cuddles etc.)
Ask your prospective Early Childhood Educator:
- Will she/he attend Playgroup regularly
- Will the child be able to draw?
- Will there be time for indoor and outdoor play, paint, colour & make things?
- Will there be music to listen to?
- What TV programmes will be watched and when?
- Will stories be read to the children?
- Will the child take part in household activities (eg prepare food, pick up toys)?
- What Fee Schedule the Early Childhood Educator uses, and how much the Care you require will cost?
If we are unable to meet your individual needs when you contact us, we will ask if you would like to be placed on our ‘Waiting List’. We regularly monitor our Educators for Vacancies and attempt to fill any vacancies from the Waiting List. Please contact us via our contact form