About Gunnedah Supported Playgroup
Gunnedah Supported Playgroup is funded by Families NSW to provide families from disadvantaged backgrounds with a playgroup service that links them into the wider community.
One Supported Playgroup is currently facilitated:
- Play and Stay Supported Playgroup is held on Monday mornings.
Playgroup is held in the Gum Blossoms play area located in the Tafe grounds. Supported Playgroup families enjoy the outdoor environment, including Aboriginal mural animals and fairy garden. All playgroups are available in school terms only, we do not operate in the holidays.
We have ongoing guest speakers and playgroup visitors attend our playgroups giving talks on a variety of topics, for example: Aboriginal Maternity Services, Dieticians, Barwon Division of General Practices, Healthy for Life, The Benevolent Society, Gunnedah Family Support, Triple P, Speech Therapists, Dentists and TAFE.
Benefits for children
- A safe, fun environment where children can play and learn together
- Craft activities, story time and free play
- Develop skills
- Music and singing
Benefits for parents
- Relax in a supportive
- Share a cuppa and chat with other parents
- Expand your friendship / support network
- Discuss parenting (parents, guest speakers and playgroup staff share information on a range of relevant topics)