About Gunnedah Supported Playgroup
Gunnedah Supported Playgroup is funded by Communities & Justice to provide families from all backgrounds with a playgroup service that links them into the wider community.
Playgroup is held each Thursday morning, 9.30-11.30 during school terms:
Playgroup is held in the Gunnedah Family & Children’s Services Complex, located in the Tafe grounds. Supported Playgroup families enjoy the outdoor fully fenced play space, including Aboriginal mural animals, cubby house, climbing equipment, sandpit and fairy garden. Craft and senory play activies are help every playgroup. In rainy or bad weather we move inside to another play area located within the Gunneda Family & Children’s Services complex.
Morning tea of fresh fruit and salad vegetables are provided for the children each week along with tea and coffee for the grown ups.
We have ongoing guest speakers and playgroup visitors attend our playgroups giving talks on a variety of topics, for example: dental care, nutrition, music and movement, mental health and first aid to name a few.
Benefits for children
- A safe, fun environment where children can play and learn together
- Craft activities, story time and free play
- Develop skills
- Music and singing
Benefits for parents
- Relax in a supportive envrionment
- Share a cuppa and chat with other parents
- Expand your friendship / support network
- Discuss parenting (parents, guest speakers and playgroup staff share information on a range of relevant topics)